March 26, 2009

MycoBabble Turns 1!

Yes, that's right. MycoBabble turns 1 today.u15058743.jpg

What have we accomplished in the past year? How about 42 posts? Actually that's not really too good... I'll try to do better in Year 2. How about 38 of the 50 states reporting in with a hit. (Come on Vermont and Connecticut... what's up? You border Massachusetts...) And it seems like MycoBabble's a big hit in Poland.

And what have been the most popular entries in the last year?

3rd Place
Strangely enough, finishing 3rd was the entry on Mushroom Network's Truffle BBNA, a router unit that combines multiple internet lines. I bet it was a bit annoying for people who were searching for this piece of hardware to get directed here. Oh, well I hope they learned something. Maybe I'll drop in on ol' Mushroom Networks again and see what they're up to.

2nd Place
My writeup on the Frost's Bolete takes the silver medal.

1st Place
Taking the top prize is the introduction to Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People. Hopefully MycoBabble's been able to pay back just a smidgeon of the joy that Matango has brought to dozens of people over the years.

So here's looking to a fruitful Year 2. May all your days be filled with boletes. (Not the Bitter Boletes or some of those poisonous types like a Satan's Bolete... I'm thinking more like King Boletes or Aspen Boletes.)

1 comment:

Philip McIntosh said...

Hey,

Dan I can't find an email link on your blog so I thought I'd try this.

I started a mycology blog called mycorant (http://mycorant.com). My focus is news, information and entertainment.

One of the things I'd like to do is point out other interesting websites/blogs to people and sort of get a community going. I'd like to post a blog about Mycobabble. Please tell me a little more about it (something that does not already appear on the site in public view). I encourage you to post an update as well before I post my blog.

Interested? Please let me know. Thanks.

Phil...